"we must accept that they are realities that cannot be
defined in a rigourous manner, as one would attempt to define
the terms of mathematics or even of philosophy. This is a
realm of knowledge in which poetry, analogy, hyperbole and
paradox are to be expected; a realm in which the
Manifestations themselves speak with many voices" (From a
letter on behalf of the Universal House of Justice, dated 15
October 1992).

Dear Susan,

Thank you for providing this.  I would completely agree that
there "...are realities that cannot be defined..."  and which
the Manifestations of God have found indescribeable.

The following quote provides such an example, from
Baha'u'llah:

"We will now mention unto thee Trustworthiness and the station
thereof in the estimation of God, thy Lord, the Lord of the
Mighty Throne. One day of days We repaired unto Our Green
Island. Upon Our arrival, We beheld its streams flowing, and
its trees luxuriant, and the sunlight playing in their midst.
Turning Our face to the right, We beheld what the pen is
powerless to describe; nor can it set forth that which the eye
of the Lord of Mankind witnessed in that most sanctified, that
most sublime, that blest, and most exalted Spot. Turning,
then, to the left We gazed on one of the Beauties of the Most
Sublime Paradise, standing on a pillar of light, and calling
aloud saying: 'O inmates of earth and heaven! Behold ye My
beauty, and My radiance, and My revelation, and My effulgence.
By God, the True One! I am Trustworthiness and the revelation
thereof, and the beauty thereof.

 (Baha'u'llah, Epistle to the Son of the Wolf, p. 136)

Lovingly,  Sandra