Dear Susan,

>That doesn't mean that I would vote against such things if they
 came up in on the ballot because I don't believe Baha'is should
impose our religious beliefs on those who don't share them.<

I see it differently, although I am certainly not arguing against
your right to vote as you think best.  Gay marriage wasn't on the
ballot in New York, but if it had been I probably would have voted
to not allow it.  An individual vote isn't imposing my religious beliefs
on those who don't share them, it's just my one vote.
Of course, it's easy for me to say this, because I have no loved ones
who are gay (to my knowledge).  Whatever one's view of Dick Cheney,
it's easy to sympathize with him, and to understand why he doesn't
support the amendment to ban gay marriage.  Did someone say
the personal is political?

Tim Nolan

Do you Yahoo!?
The all-new My Yahoo! – Get yours free! __________________________________________________ You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:archive@mail-archive.com To unsubscribe, send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] To subscribe, use subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Baha'i Studies is available through the following: Mail - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Web - http://list.jccc.edu/read/?forum=bahai-st News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.net New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.edu