In a message dated 12/9/2004 10:31:23 P.M. Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I don't think tutor is "true believer" just because is a "tutor", I think we can't or "must" say when one baha'i is *true* or *not true* believer.

Hasan

Dear Hasan,

We've got a linguistic-cultural misunderstanding here. I'm using the term 'true believer' somewhat sardonically. There is a well-known book in English entitled *The True Believer* which describes the psychological make-up of those who feel compelled to lose their individuality in mass movements. In this case, I meant a 'true believer' in Ruhi, not the Faith.

But I really didn't mean to imply that Ruhi tutors were mindless followers either, only that if they weren't already persuaded of the strengths of this program they wouldn't be doing it, so analyzing their personal perceptions would only tell us why Ruhi works for Ruhi tutors. It wouldn't be an objective analysis of the program itself.

warmest, Susan