In a message dated 1/8/2005 4:26:25 P.M. Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Sale's translation is the most scholarly we have, but Rodwell's version is
more literary, and hence easier for reading.  (From a letter written on
behalf of Shoghi Effendi  (23 November 1934).

Dear Richard,

Look at the date of that statement. In 1934 those were about the only translations available. We've had much better ones since then.

warmest, Susan