Gilberto:  It doesn't seem to make sense to think that Muhammad was omniscient but then held back important spiritual truths from the ummah. The Quran doesn't suggest it.

John:  It is explained by the Qur'an as the Qiyamah, Surah 75.

"1. I swear by the Day of Resurrection; 2. And I swear by the self-reproaching person (a believer). 3. Does man (a disbeliever) think that We shall not assemble his bones? 4. Yes, We are Able to put together in perfect order the tips of his fingers. 5. Nay! (Man denies Resurrection and Reckoning. So) he desires to continue committing sins. 6. He asks: "When will be this Day of Resurrection?" 7. So, when the sight shall be dazed, 8. And the moon will be eclipsed, 9. And the sun and moon will be joined together (by going one into the other or folded up or deprived of their light, etc.) 10. On that Day man will say: "Where (is the refuge) to flee?" 11. No! There is no refuge! 12. Unto your Lord (Alone) will be the place of rest that Day. 13. On that Day man will be informed of what he sent forward (of his evil or good deeds), and what he lef! t behind (of his good or evil traditions)."

Do you Yahoo!?
Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Get it on your mobile phone. __________________________________________________ You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:archive@mail-archive.com To unsubscribe, send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] To subscribe, use subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Baha'i Studies is available through the following: Mail - mailto:bahai-st@list.jccc.edu Web - http://list.jccc.edu/read/?forum=bahai-st News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.net New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.edu