In a message dated 1/12/2005 6:58:21 PM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
What the House did, after reviewing the Text and the authorized interpretations by the Master and the Guardian, was conclude that the Text states that membership on the House is limited to men, and that it cannot change that provision.
The letter is here:
I do not see any way for it to change, but I am willing to admit, my vision is not perfect. However the House ruled that it could not change that provision, House rulings in general, however, are reversable. IF, let me emphasize IF, the House were to run across new information they could change their minds on that decision as they can on any decision they make.

"The wisdom of it" will someday be as clear as the sun, what that wisdom will turn out to be, I cannot venture.

Regards,

Scott