Gilberto,

At 02:55 PM 1/14/2005, you wrote:
>>I agree. This is one of the things which for me strongly indicates that
>>Christianity is more open to future prophets coming than Islam.<<

Well, we don't seem to agree on this point. I still contend that there is no
such thing as "prophets." There is only what Paul had in mind in a particular
case, what Muhammad had in mind in a particular case, and what one or more
writers of the Tanakh had in mind in a particular case.

Clearly, Paul was referring to something entirely different than Muhammad.
Paul's epistles focused on his view of the routinization of charisma. A
"prophet," to Paul, was one who prophesied; and Paul believed, and desired,
that all Christians should prophesy.

Paul was clearly not referring to Christians becoming Prophets in either the
Islamic or Baha'i sense of the word. Prophesying, to Paul, was to be performed
in the context of Christ's authority.

Regardless of whether one equates Paul's view of a prophet with Muhammad's, to
Paul, prophecy takes place in the context of the Gospel of Christ. Paul's
christocentrism was unaffected. Unlike the qur'anic concept of prophecy, under
Paul's system, no further "book" and law was revealed. IMO, that is the main
difference.

With regards, Mark A. Foster • 15 Sites: http://markfoster.net
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburger" -- Abbie Hoffman