On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 23:12:27 EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In a message dated 12/21/2004 9:34:58 P.M. Central Standard Time,

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> All I mean when *I* say
> corruption is that the first five books of the Bible are not identical
> to the Torah given to Moses. The 4 Biblical gospels are not identical
> to the Gospel given to Jesus.
> Dear Gilberto,

Susan:
> That presumes that the Torah and the Gospel were 'given' to Moses and Jesus
> in the same way Muslims believe the Qur'an was given to Muhammad. There
> isn't much evidence for that outside of the Ten Commandments.

Gilberto:
I don't know what you mean by "in the same way". I certainly didn't
insist on that above. All I'm saying is that the Torah was revealed to
Moses. The Gospel was revealed to Jesus.

[6.154] Again, We gave the Book to Musa to complete (Our blessings) on
him who would do good (to others), and making plain all things and a
guidance and a mercy, so that they should believe in the meeting of
their Lord.

[57.27] Then We made Our apostles to follow in their footsteps, and We
sent Isa son of Marium afterwards, and We gave him the Injeel, and We
put in the hearts of those who followed him kindness and mercy; and
(as for) monkery, they innovated it-- We did not prescribe it to
them-- only to seek Allah's pleasure, but they did not observe it with
its due observance; so We gave to those of them who believed their
reward, and most of them are transgressors.

And the Quran has several other passages like that.

And then in the Bible, under the rule of Joshua (Moses successor
according to the Bible) we read in Joshua 8

32] And there, in the presence of the people of Israel, he wrote upon
the stones a copy of the law of Moses, which he had written.
[33] And all Israel, sojourner as well as homeborn, with their elders
and officers and their judges, stood on opposite sides of the ark
before the Levitical priests who carried the ark of the covenant of
the LORD, half of them in front of Mount Ger'izim and half of them in
front of Mount Ebal, as Moses the servant of the LORD had commanded at
the first, that they should bless the people of Israel.
[34] And afterward he read all the words of the law, the blessing and
the curse, according to all that is written in the book of the law.
[35] There was not a word of all that Moses commanded which Joshua did
not read before all the assembly of Israel, and the women, and the
little ones, and the sojourners who lived among them.

(And remember that "Torah" actually means "law")

So it is pretty clear that the Torah was something given to Moses and
passed on by him. And the Gospel is something given to Jesus.