-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of James Mock
Sent: 18 January 2005 18:56
To: Baha'i Studies
Subject: A Freudian Slip

It just occurred to this poster that a Freudian Slip was inadvertently made
in a recent post about Paul Lample.  The word "inciteful" was inadvertently
written instead of "insightful."  This slip, however, has significance to
this poster.

During the period in which this soul had the pleasure of working in
association with Paul, Paul kept a pointed cartoon posted on his office
wall.  It remains conscious in my member, over 20 years later.  The cartoon
was as such:

An elderly figure, dressed in a flowing robe, was descending a mountainside
carrying two stone tablets bearing ten inscriptions (obviously, a take on
Moses with the Ten Commandments).  With the Word of God in hand, the figure
proceeds to say: "But first, I'd like to share a little something I wrote
myself."

The meaning of that cartoon to Paul (to my best understanding.I don't want
to speak for Paul) is that we often look to human understanding despite the
fact that we have the infallible Word of God before us.

That brings up another point about Paul Lample..never has this one
interacted with someone who has a greater affinity to the Word of God than
Paul.  His life is guided by the Word.  He is continually immersed in the
Word.  His actions are taken in conformity with the Word.  He constantly
cites the Word, thus making him "inciteful."

To insinuate that Paul would support Ruhi for personal gain is ludicrous.

James