> JS: I didn't say it has anything to do with whether or not we have a
> country. The House of Justice still has the right to decide when to
> implement the law of burning the arsonist, it at all. I don't think it ever
> will be.

G:  Why would the punishment be in the book if it wasn't ever supposed to
be enforced?

JS:  I think that two options are presented, and it is left to the House of Justice to pick the one most suitable to society.  In a similar way, Baha'u'llah superficially allows bigamy, maybe only to present the Aqdas in the form of the Qur'an.  And just as the Qur'an conditions polygamy on 'justice', and the Aqdas makes 'tranquility' an outcome of only monogamy.  Who wouldn't want to be tranquil?

G:  They fall short.

JS:  Do you think it is possible to have a 'truly Islamic' nation?  Also, don't you think that Islam is going the wrong way, I mean, it is getting more corrupted, it is deviating farther and farther away from the ideal?  At one point, the Islamic world was the cradle of civilization, and now it has been reduced to fanaticism, terrorism, poverty, ignorance, intolerance, etc.  Not a single praiseworthy Islamic nations exists on earth...  What makes you think it is going to improve?  And the Islamic countries that seem to be heading in the right directly are secularized/ing.

G:  I don't think secular regimes are necessarily the best argument for what
you are trying to say.

JS:  What would be a better argument?

G:  Personally, I think that it is possible to outline certain features
which constitute a "good government" but this should be independent
from a particular ideology.

JS: What do you mean?