Hi, Firouz,

At 09:17 PM 1/23/2005, you wrote:
>>Thanks for  your comment. Here is my question. Let's assume that the House of
>>Justice actually consulted on the contents of "Century of Light" and decided
>>to write it by themselves, similar to Ridvan Messages, do you then consider
>>it "Century of Light" still an infallible document?<<

No, I don't believe that documents can be infallible. Baha'u'llah and the
Master are often infallible. The Guardian and the House of Justice may also be
infallible, protected from sinning or deviating from God's Will, in their own
"magisteria" (offices). However, I don't think we can be sure of the impact of
those infallibilities, or protections, on texts.

>>How do you regard such messages of the House, i.e. Ridvan Messages? There is
>>usuallaly no "praxis" in such messages. Another question, House comes with
>>some plans, such as the current 5 year plan, do you consider such plans as
>>infallible?<<

The Ridvan messages are generally calls to action (praxis). To my
understanding, that could be considered as falling under the House's
legislative magisterium.

>>I am sure  that what ever decision the House makes is to be followed by
>>believers and it's the source of all good but still there is a distinction
>>between a decision being infallible and a decision being the source of all
>>good.<<

If a decision of the House of Justice is intended to be followed by believers,
in their actions, I would call it "legislative."

Regards, Mark A. Foster • http://markfoster.net • [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburger." ---- Abbie Hoffman