On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 07:17:26 -0800 (PST), louise mchenry
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yep.
> but they are not considered bahais. They call themselves Orthodox Bahais.
> Despite that they call themselves Bahai and see themselves as followers of
> Baha;u;llah, yet they have violated the covenant, because if you read what
> is written in the will and testaments you will see that we had the institute
> of the Guardian, but we had not the institute of the UHJ after Shoghi
> Effendi passed away, and that what followed was a logical consequence of the
> Will and Testaments of both Abdu'l-Baha and Baha'u'llah.

Yes. I've heard that before. I've heard Protestants who will say with
a straight face and without stuttering that Catholics are not
Christian. And I know of Wahibis who will say with a straight face and
without stuttering that there are no sects in Islam and that  Shia, or
even traditional Sunni Muslims are not Muslim.

It isn't surprising to me anymore that people can look at the exact
same text and come up with two totally different interpretations. I've
looked more at Catholicism in the past few years to hear there side of
things and as someone who was raised Protestant it is interesting to
see how much of Catholic doctrine actually comes out of the Bible.
"Everyone" thinks their beliefs are obvious. "Just read the book and
you will see".

[2.113] And the Jews say: The Christians do not follow anything (good)
and the Christians say: The Jews do not follow anything (good) while
they recite the (same) Book. Even thus say those who have no
knowledge, like to what they say; so Allah shall judge between them on
the day of resurrection in what they differ.