Dear friends,

This prayer and information is forwarded from the Baha'i list in Japan.

Best,
S. Fotos

=========

This Prayer is found in AdhkArul Muqarrabeen the Volume dedicated to the
Master's Prayers page 86

And also in the more recent compilation of His prayers published in
Germany, number 198

=======

PRAYER  FOR EMPLOYMENT

0 God! 0 God! Cause me to drink from the cup of Thy Bestowal. Illumine
my face with the Light of Guidance. Make me firm in faithfulness and
steadfastness in Thine Ancient Covenant. Suffer me to become one of Thy
sincere servants.

Open before my face the doors of prosperity. Prepare for me the means of
livelihood. Give me my bread through channels over which I have no
control,Thy Heavenly Treasures.

Grant me the power to turn my face toward thy Merciful Countenance, to
be faithful to Thy Cause. 0 Thou Clement and Compassionate One! Verily,
Thou art gracious to those who are firm and steadfast in Thy Strong and
Impregnable Covenant. Praise be to God, the Lord of the worlds!

`Abdu'l-Baha'

Star of the West, Vol. XIV 6, p. 167, September 1923

******************************************************************** Arabic version

Ilaahi ilaahi
Anilnee ka's al 'at.aa
Wa nawwir wajhee be nuur il hudaa
Wa thabbitnee 'ala alwafaa'
Wa'astaqimnee 'alaa 'Ahdika al AwfA
Wa'j'alnee min 'ibaadika 'al-as.fiiyaa
Waftah 'alaa wajhii abwaab ar rakhaa
**Waj'al lee makhrajan war zuqnee min h.aythu laa ah.tasib
**min kunuuz -is-samaa
Waj'alnee mutawajjihan ilaa Wajhika alkareem
Mukhlis.an wajhee laka Ya Rah.maan !Ya Rah.eem!
Innaka bith- thaabiteena war raasikheena fee MeethAqika la-Ra'uufun
Rah.eem
Al-h.amdu li-Llaah I Rabbi l 'Aalameen

'Abdu'l-Baha 'Abbas