Gilberto,

At 01:13 AM 1/28/2005, you wrote:
>>or even trial and error, sure.<<

Well, thought experiments are not exactly based on trial and error.

I wrote:
> [...]

You replied:
>>I'm not sure what you mean by "that" in "that would not be the case". You are
>>the one hung up on the names now. I wouldn't assume that begging for money in
>>Zeire is the same as begging for money in Germany. And perhaps you could say
>>that in Zaire customs officials occurs frequently and went on unpunished. I'm
>>not sure if that makes it normative.<<

I don't see how saying, "I can think of many situations in which that would not
be the case," is being hung up with names. You would need to explain that to me.

 From what I was told, begging for money by customs officials was normative.
Given the problems in that country, I did not fault them for it.

Regards, Mark A. Foster • http://markfoster.net • [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburger." ---- Abbie Hoffman