Gilberto:
Ok, I believe you. But then when you are in your Bahai paradigm, and
read that the Buddha is identified with being a Manifestation, but the
teachings of real live Buddhists in the world don't seem to be
consistent with the Bahai teachings, I'm not sure what you do. Do you
bracket the paradigm of the real live Buddhists away from the Bahai
paradigm so that they are never compared with one another? Or do you
do something else?

Many Buddhists do not believe in concept of God but Buddha indeed believed in God. There a very scholary book on this subject called "The God of Buddha" by Jamshed Fozdar. He refers to Buddhist scriptures in Pali and Scanscrit and proves that Buddha indeed believed in God. For example, when Buddha talks about cause and effect, He says that there is a Causeless Cause of all the causes.

Living in a Buddhist country, I know Buddhists believe in lots of superstitions and nonsense man-made teachings but no one can conclude that such teachings are from Buddha. Actually some branches of Mahayan Buddhism indeed believe in God.

Regards,
Firouz