Gilberto:

> Just a few issues around the question of Biblical corruption:
>

> [2.79] Woe, then, to those who write the
> > book with their hands and
> then say: This is from Allah, so that they may
> > take for it a small
> price; therefore woe to them for what their hands have
> > written and woe
> to them for what they earn.
> [end quote]

Patti:
One place you could look is in "Gems of Divine Mysteries"
(http://reference.bahai.org/en/t/b/GDM/gdm-3.html) by Baha'u'llah.  It was
originally written in Arabic, previously I steered you toward Seven Valleys,
but I think perhaps you would prefer "Gems".  Here are a some passages from
"Gems" regarding the issue of Biblical corruption.

Paragraph 13:

 "And should they reply: "The Books that are in the hands of this people,
which they call the Gospel and attribute to Jesus, the Son of Mary, have not
been revealed by God and proceed not from the Manifestations of His Self",
then this would imply a cessation in the abounding grace of Him Who is the
Source of all grace. If so, God's testimony to His servants would have
remained incomplete and His favour proven imperfect. His mercy would not
have shone resplendent, nor would His grace have overshadowed all. For if at
the ascension of Jesus His Book had likewise ascended unto heaven, then how
could God reprove and chastise the people on the Day of Resurrection, as
hath been written by the Imáms of the Faith and affirmed by its illustrious
divines? "

Paragraphs 21-24:

"Having imparted unto thee, beneath countless veils of concealment, certain
hidden mysteries, We now return to Our elucidation of the Books of old, that
perchance thy feet may not slip and thou mayest receive with complete
certitude the portion which We shall bestow upon thee of the billowing
oceans of life in the realm of the names and attributes of God.

"It is recorded in all the Books of the Gospel that He Who is the Spirit
spoke in words of pure light unto His disciples, saying: "Know that heaven
and earth may pass away, but my words shall never pass away." As is clear
and evident to thine eminence, these words outwardly mean that the Books of
the Gospel will remain in the hands of people till the end of the world,
that their laws shall not be abrogated, that their testimony shall not be
abolished, and that all that hath been enjoined, prescribed, or ordained
therein shall endure forever.

"O My brother! Sanctify thy heart, illumine thy soul, and sharpen thy sight,
that thou mayest perceive the sweet accents of the Birds of Heaven and the
melodies of the Doves of Holiness warbling in the Kingdom of eternity, and
perchance apprehend the inner meaning of these utterances and their hidden
mysteries. For otherwise, wert thou to interpret these words according to
their outward meaning, thou couldst never prove the truth of the Cause of
Him Who came after Jesus, nor silence the opponents, nor prevail over the
contending disbelievers. For the Christian divines use this verse to prove
that the Gospel shall never be abrogated and that, even if all the signs
recorded in their Books were fulfilled and the Promised One appeared, He
would have no recourse but to rule the people according to the ordinances of
the Gospel. They contend that if He were to  manifest all the signs
indicated in the Books, but decree aught besides that which Jesus had
decreed, they would neither acknowledge nor follow Him, so clear and
self-evident is this matter in their sight.

"Thou canst indeed hear the learned and the foolish amongst the people voice
the same objections in this day, saying: "The sun hath not risen from the
West, nor hath the Crier cried out betwixt earth and heaven. Water hath not
inundated certain lands; the Dajjál  hath not appeared; Sufyání hath not
arisen; nor hath the Temple been witnessed in the sun." I heard, with Mine
own ears, one of their divines proclaim: "Should all these signs come to
pass and the long-awaited Qá'im appear, and should He ordain, with respect
to even our secondary laws, aught beyond that which hath been revealed in
the Qur'án, we would assuredly charge Him with imposture, put Him to death,
and refuse forever to acknowledge Him", and other statements such as these
deniers make. And all this, when the Day of Resurrection hath been ushered
in, and the Trumpet hath been sounded, and all the denizens of earth and
heaven have been gathered together, and the Balance hath been appointed, and
the Bridge hath been laid, and the Verses have been sent down, and the Sun
hath shone forth, and the stars have been blotted out, and the souls have
been raised to life, and the breath of the Spirit hath blown, and the angels
have been arrayed in ranks, and Paradise hath been brought nigh, and Hell
made to blaze! These things have all come to pass, and yet to this day not a
single one of these people hath recognized them! They all lie as dead within
their own shrouds, save those who have believed and repaired unto God, who
rejoice in this day in His celestial paradise, and who tread the path of His
good-pleasure."