Thank you!  For those of us unfamiliar with the Quran, this is helpful.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gilberto Simpson
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 12:45 AM
To: Baha'i Studies
Subject: Re: ...a quote taken from a news,

On 5/18/05, David Lambert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Gilberto wrote:
>
> >And elsewhere the Quran explicitly gives Muslims permission to eat
> with Jews and Christians (which implies sociability) and even limited
> inter-marriage. So the idea that the Quran asserts that the only
> dialogue possible the sword and the bullet is really silly to me.
>
> Gilberto, would you mind letting us know where the Quran says this,
please?

[5.5] This day (all) the good things are allowed to you; and the food
of those who have been given the Book is lawful for you and your food
is lawful for them; and the chaste from among the believing women and
the chaste from among those who have been given the Book before you
(are lawful for you); when you have given them their dowries, taking
(them) in marriage, not fornicating nor taking them for paramours in
secret; and whoever denies faith, his work indeed is of no account,
and in the hereafter he shall be one of the losers.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe: send subscribe bahai-st in the message body to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe: http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/all_forums/subscribe?name=bahai-st