Hi, Susan,

At 10:24 AM 8/5/2005, you wrote:
>>I though dominion theology *was* Calvinistic.<<

The terminology is sometimes confusing. However, no, "dominion theology" is
generally the term used for "kingdom now theology," a pentecostal approach
(also called "latter rain") inspired by William Branham. Adherents have more
recently  adopted some of Rushdoony's ideas (Christian reconstructionism).

There has been a bit of controversy among more "mainstream" reconstructionists
over followers of Branham's movement (kingdom now/latter rain) wanting to work
with them. For instance, the reconstructionists are Calvinist, and the
dominionists are Arminian. However, both groups want the church to have
dominion over the world in preparation for the return of Christ. For that
reason, other theological differences have sometimes been ignored.

>>Does he give him credit?<<

As I recall, not in the book - and he doesn't quote from Rushdoony. Roberton
has to be very careful. Most of his "followers" are premillennial
dispensationalists (the rapture, etc.). I once watched Pat *hint* that he does
not believe in a pretribulation rapture, but that is about as far as I think he
wants to go publicly.

>>I know the reason Bill Moyer did the expose on the Reconstructionalist was
>>because of his own fears they were taking over his denomination (Southern
>>Baptist.)<<

If Moyers believed that, he doesn't have a good understanding of either the
Southern Baptist Convention *or* the reconstructionists. It's not going to
happen.

Via moderna, Mark A. Foster . http://markfoster.net
... since [a] word is said to be common, it can be called
a universal. - Wm. of Ockham, Summa Logicae, part I
Structurization Tech: http://tech.structurization.com

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail")
is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be
confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The
information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts
or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.