Maybe it would clarify things if you define beforehand what you mean
by "independent religion". To be honest I don't know for sure what
that means.
What has to be true in order for two religions to be "independent"?

-Gilberto

On 5/11/06, Tim Nolan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Are there any proofs that we can produce that Bahai is an independent
religion? The Shaykh of the Al Azhar university in Cairo does not seem
to think so.<

What proofs would he accept?   The Baha'i Faith has independent sacred
texts,
a new calendar, a new Qiblih, laws which differ in some respects from Islam,
an explicit written Covenant.  If those things don't convince a person this
is an independent Faith, then I don't know what will.

There is no need to convince this man. Let him think what he pleases.
The Cause of God is true and good regardless of my opinion or his, or
anyone's.

Tim

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail") is sent
by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be confidential and
for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The information may be protected by
federal and state privacy and disclosures acts or other legal rules. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please
immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and permanently delete this e-mail message
and any attachments thereto. Thank you.

________________________________

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates
starting at 1ยข/min.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto
("e-mail") is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is
intended to be confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity
named above. The information may be protected by federal and state privacy
and disclosures acts or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is
not the intended recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply
and immediately and permanently delete this e-mail message and any
attachments thereto. Thank you.

email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe: send subscribe bahai-st in the message body to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subscribe:
http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/all_forums/subscribe?name=bahai-st
Baha'i Studies is available through the following: Mail -
mailto:bahai-st@list.jccc.edu Web -
http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/?forum=bahai-st News -
news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st Public -
http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist Old Public -