> "... far, far, far away from the ken of men and angels;"
>
> That starts a quote describing the Covenant that instantly struck a
> chord with me when I read it in "The Power of the Covenant" series
> pamphlets published in 1976.  Shoghi Effendi quoted about as much
> of it
> as I have above and attributed it to Abdu'l-Baha but I am aware that
> some years back, the Research Department at the World Centre
> identifiedthe whole quote found in the pamphlets as coming from
> the diary of Ahmad
> Sohrab calling it "interesting material but not scripture."

Dear Dick,

I just checked Ahmad Sohrab's diary and he claims to be quoting the
Master Himself. Apparently Shoghi Effendi believed this was the case.
I would simply identify it to my students as a pilgrim's note and
leave it at that. I'm posting the passage from Ahmad Sohrab's diary
here. Note he is pretty specific about the circumstances in which this
utterance was made.

"There is a power in the Cause , a mysterious Power, far, far, far,
away from the ken of men and angels. That invisible power is the Cause
of all these outward activities.  It moves the hearts* It rends the
mountains. It administers the complicated affairs of the Cause. It
inspires the friends. It dashes into a thousand pieces all the forces
of opposition. It creates new spiritual worlds. This is a mystery of
the Kingdom of Abha." Thus spoke the Beloved, after dictating several
wonderful Tablets to MtsrD     Harriet 0. Cline, and Mrs, Mabel Rice-
Wray of Los Angeles, Miss Harriet Magee of New York, Mrs4 Dixon of
Washington, D*C*, Viss orothy Hodgson of Paris, and Miss General Jack
of London.

warmest, Susan

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail")
is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be
confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The
information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts
or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.