My
> guess of
> what Shoghi Effendi meant when he spoke of varied elements in the
> community
> would relate to the skills different people can offer.  Certainly
> not to
> making sure we have a diverse mix of ethnic groups on the
> Assembly.

Dear David,

Why is that certain?

> I can't see how Shoghi Effendi could have been more clear.  He
> says "only"
> those who best combine the qualities.

The House letter isn't saying anything different. But there are often
a number of people who combine these qualities and when they do there
is no reason not to make things like diversity and gender equity a
consideration as well.

 I can't see how the new
> advice is not
> disregarding this?

I don't see how it is.

> If what I'm hearing is correct the House is now saying that we
> don't have to
> vote for the best nine people.

No, they are simply ackowledging the fact that there might well be
more than nine, and when there are we have other things we can
consider.

 tell us
> to regard
> personalities (to achieve diversity).

Where is there anything in that letter about personalities?

 I realize the House isn't
> infallible
> as far as interpretation, but I wouldn't expect them to err. I'll
> now have a
> read of their message.

This isn't an issue of interpretation. It is an issue involving
electorial proceedures which the Guardian himself admitted the House
has ultimate authority over. In fact, he indicated that his own
policies were only tentative pending the election of the House.

warmest, Susan

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail")
is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be
confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The
information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts
or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.