The Baha'i Studies Listserv
"could it mean that it is a private matter between the House and an
individual and nobody else's anywhere on the face of the earth?"

This is what I'm thinking. I mean, the impetus to make the decision is in
the hands of the Universal House of Justice. And if it is not volunteering
much information, conjecturing with each other that it may have been 'this'
or 'that', or because he/she wrote 'this' as a certain internet posting, or
said 'that' at a gathering once, is really just gossiping about another
human being as far as I can see.