The Baha'i Studies Listserv
Wow, that's a really insulting ad hominem counter-argument which is
really irrelevant to what was said. The Bahai faith all by its
lonesome makes certain distinctions between men and women (e.g.
membership in the house of justice, prohibition from military service,
exemption from pilgrimage, different rules regarding menstruation and
prayer, wills, etc.) It is just a fact that men and women are not
talked about in the same terms in the Bahai writings. And it is only
natural that a thoughtful Bahai would want to try to articulate some
reasons those distinctions are made.