The Baha'i Studies Listserv
On 3 Nov 2010 at 10:03, Naison Jones wrote:

> True equality can Never exist between man and women because they are
> different. All is meant in Bahai is that women have the same spiritual
> rank as men and that implies 'true equality' not the equality of tasks
> and functions and responsibilities....  If God
had intended equal responsibility between man and women he would have
given them equal body parts,

that's sad, it means humans are biologically wired to repeat the same
old same old. And the UHJ was whistling in the wind when it wrote:

=======
The emancipation of women, the achievement of full equality between
the sexes, is one of the most important, though less acknowledged
prerequisites of peace. The denial of such equality perpetrates an
injustice against one half of the world's population and promotes in
men harmful attitudes and habits that are carried from the family to
the workplace, to political life, and ultimately to international
relations. There are no grounds, moral, practical, or biological,
upon which such denial can be justified. Only as women are welcomed
into full partnership in all fields of human endeavour will the moral
and psychological climate be created in which international peace can
emerge.
(1985 Peace message)

but you can't fight biology. Back to war we go I guess

Sarcasm aside, I am surprised you call yours a "spiritual"
perspective. It looks to me like biological determinism, a
materialist approach to human possibilities

sen