The Baha'i Studies Listserv
Stephen,

You stated earlier: "If logic and religion conflict, people should side
with logic and rationality."

I'd like you to comment on the various views on logic, and the
limitations thereof, as presented in the following articles. I would
particularly like to know why non-logicians shouldtake logically derived
morality and ethics over all other forms. I was unable to find anything
in Wikipedia that seemed to apply directly to this question, and
therefore have had to rely on the following non-authoritative sources.
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/346240/philosophy-of-logic/36304/Existence-and-ontology
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/logic.htm
<http://www.lhup.edu/%7Edsimanek/logic.htm>
http://www.slideshare.net/Mahesh3391/limitations-of-logic
http://fatfist.hubpages.com/hub/LOGIC-Its-Laws-Premises-and-LIMITATIONS

I'm also curious to see whether you find any relevance in the following
quote by Tom Naylor:
"The bigger the real-life problems, the greater the tendency for the
discipline to retreat into a reassuring fantasy-land of abstract theory
and technical manipulation."

Thanks,
Mike

--