The Baha'i Studies Listserv
Interesting quiz I recently stumbled across. You answer questions about various
things and get scored on angst, freedom, and weirdness. You can get a high or
low score on each which leads to eight results. It involves a description of
why angst, freedom, weirdness exist or don't within your result. Google or Bing
"OK Cupid What cult are you?"

I find it hilarious that my religion of Unitarian Universalism is one of the
listed eight cults according to the quiz. In fact, several of the listed groups
are either ones I have been or have thought of being at various times. I'm a
Unitarian Universalist, ex Baha'i, studied Discordianism, studied Scientology,
studied LaVeyanism, studied Objectivism, but neither 700 Club nor Unification
Church.

I do side with Alt.Religion.Scientology, Operation Clambake(Andreas
Hedal-Lund), Project Chanology(Anonymous, the group), WikiLeaks(Julian
Assange), XenuTV(Mark Bunker aka Wise Beard Guy), etc. in the online cyber war
against Scientology. I post anti-Scientology stuff on Four Chan regularly as
well as other Anonymous based websites like Encyclopedia Dramatica (while it
existed), Oh Internet, Something Awful, Uncyclopedia, etc. It's all part of my
participation in Project Chanology. I'm willing to share what I know in
specific detail of the Scientology controversies. I'm a big part of Anonymous
as well.

I'm on positive terms with the four listed as High Freedom below. I have no
real position on Angst and Weirdness. On Angst, LaVeyanism and Objectivism are
High Angst while Discordianism and Unitarian Universalism are Low Angst. On
Weirdness, Discordianism and LaVeyanism are High Weirdness while Objectivism
and Unitarian Universalism are Low Weirdness.

In summary, I'm a Unitarian Universalist because Liberal Religion, Humanism,
Religious Humanism, Transhumanism, Buddhist Humanism, Humanistic Buddhism,
Engaged Buddhism, Modernist Buddhism, Buddhist Modernism, Protestant Buddhism,
Buddhist Protestantism, Nichiren Buddhism, and the Unitarian Universalist
Buddhist Fellowship. I studied Objectivism and the writings of various
Objectivists, but also of its critics especially Murray Newton Rothbard, so I
agreed with him in his criticism of Objectivism. I studied LaVeyanism, but
found it way too funny to take it seriously as an option. I studied
Discordianism and read various Discordian texts, and went through a whole
Contemporary Modern Neo Paganism phase as well. I ultimately didn't choose not
to be one, but rather postponed the decision indefinitely. I currently have no
opinion on this either way. There are arguments both ways. It caries alot of
combinations of Taoism, Zen Buddhism, Paganism, and various other religions in
it.

Religious Symbolism
700 Club (700 Club Logo)
Baha'i Faith (Nine Pointed Star with Ringstone Symbol inside)
Discordianism (Apple of Discord in Holy Sacred Chao)
LaVeyanism, Church of Satan (Sigil/Seal of Baphomet)
Objectivism (Golden Atlas)
Scientology (Scientology Cross)
Unification Church (Unification Church Logo)
Unitarian Universalism (Flaming Chalice)

High Angst
700 Club
LaVeyanism, Church of Satan
Objectivism