Herewith, the complete text of George Kenney's Sep. 8 letter to Milosevic.
(from David Peterson's weblog

http://blog.zmag.org/bloggers/?blogger=peterson )

September 8, 2004
Washington DC

Mr. Milosevic,

After due consideration I had agreed willingly to be one of your defense
witnesses at the ICTY.  I believed then and still believe that you are
innocent of all the charges in the Tribunal's indictments. Given, however,
that the Tribunal has seen fit to take away your fundamental right to
represent yourself in your own defense the proceedings have become
inherently unfair, amounting to no more than a political show trial with no
authentic legal legitimacy.  Your defense, the defense for which I had
consulted with you in The Hague, does not now exist.

Consequently I cannot in good conscience act as a "defense witness"
under the Tribunal's current rules. Should the Tribunal reverse itself and
allow you to conduct your own defense once more then I would again willingly
agree to be your witness.

Sincerely,
George Kenney

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/NfOolB/TM