Thanks for your reply, Jörg.

Am 10.01.2018 um 12:42 schrieb Jörg Steffens:
Have you enabled
http://doc.bareos.org/master/html/bareos-manual-main-reference.html#directiveDirStorageCollect%20Statistics
for any storage daemon?
Yes. I have a Tape and a Disk storage. For both I have set:

Collect Statistics = yes

I just saw that the web UI complained about it and enabled it.

  Have you some none working SDs
I used to. My tape drive and/or autochanger made a lot of problems during the last two weeks. But it looks like that problem has been resolved.

BTW: After downgrading to 17.2.3-3.1 (Debian Stretch) with the same configuration I seem to get proper backups again.

…Christoph