On 12.01.2018 at 07:24 wrote Andrew:
> четверг, 11 января 2018 г., 21:04:45 UTC+3 пользователь Jörg Steffens
> написал:
>> First of all, but must get Connection from Client To Director = yes
>> working.
>>
>> You can check this via bconsole command
>>
>> # see if client if connected to director status dir
>>
>> # check if the connection is working status client=CLIENTNAME
>>
>> The rest of the topic has been discussed in following thread:
>> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/bareos-users/t4Ko2RIRjEc
>>
>> It also contains links to the required scripts.
>>
>> Unfortunately, nobody bothers to create a README, so the script is
>> still not integrated in bareos-contrib.
>>
>> On 11.01.2018 at 15:21 wrote Andrew:
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> Tell me, please, best way to backup Windows laptops and
>>> workstations. Now scheduled jobs works fine, if workstation or
>>> laptop turned on (and not turned off during backup job work). If
>>> laptop turned off, I return errors from Director about failed
>>> job.
>>>
>>> How to configure a backup job that starts 5 minutes after the
>>> computer is turned on in corporate network?
>>>
>>> Backup through bconsole is unsecure. Backup through "Connection
>>> from Client To Director = yes" settings does not work for me.
>>> Connection from client to Director established, but after job
>>> start I receive an error "Fatal error: Failed to connect to
>>> client": Non-fatal FD errors: 1 SD Errors: 0 FD termination
>>> status: Error SD termination status: Waiting on FD FD Secure
>>> Erase Cmd: Termination: *** Backup Error ***
>>>
>>> I have read about Director triggering in
>>> https://archive.fosdem.org/2017/schedule/event/backup_dr_bareos_scripting/attachments/slides/1445/export/events/attachments/backup_dr_bareos_scripting/slides/1445/Interacting_with_Bareos.pdf
>>> but I don't understand syntax, where I can read any examples of
>>> triggering for check clients availability?
>>>
>>> Thank You, Andrew
>>>

>> --
>>
>> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln | Amtsgericht Köln: HRA 29646
>> Komplementär: Bareos Verwaltungs-GmbH Geschäftsführer: S. Dühr, M.
>> Außendorf, Jörg Steffens, P. Storz
>
> Hello, Jörg.
>
> Thank You for reply.
>
> I saw post about full version of script, but I still don't apply it.
>
> 1. This script, if I true understand, check availability of clients
> one time per day (24 hours). If I set check clients availabilty every
> 1 hour - backup job will run every hour, if client available?

I'm not sure, if you understood this correctly.
The script if it should trigger a backup job at the moment it is called.
So you call the script manually, or as a cron job, or bareos admin job.
Inside the script it checks, how much time have pasts after the last
backup. If this time is longer than 24 hours, it triggers a backup job
that corresponds to the client name.

Knowing this, this script should solve most of your requirements.

--
 Jörg Steffens                   joerg.steff...@bareos.com
 Bareos GmbH & Co. KG            Phone: +49 221 630693-91