googled on linux port darwin bsd byteswap.h, and came up with this...
This is apparently a common pitfall.   I saw this commit log, which looks
like it defines the functions inline...

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg-commit/2007-January/010041.html

On 5/11/07, Chris Frey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi folks,

One user is attempting to build Barry on Mac OS X, and we're running into
the problem where byteswap.h does not exist.  This provides the following
functions that Barry needs for byte order swapping:

        bswap_16()
        bswap_32()
        bswap_64()

Anyone know what the equivalent header and/or functions are on Mac OS X?
I don't have that machine available.

Thanks!
- Chris