Hi

Working with the MageTab export I have noticed that it would be great to
have additional properties for experiments that could hold MGED Ontology
annotations, e.g. Experiment Design, Replicate Type, Quality Control
Type. Up to now we've been using the Experiment Design and Experiment
Type fields of experiments to hold this information, but it is a bit
counterintuitive and does not restrict to available MO terms.

In order to attach a fixed vocabulary term to an experiment it is
probably easiest to make experiments annotatable and create one
annotation type with selection of terms for every property. Further, the
MO annotation types could be present in BASE by default (like the
default protocol types), together with selections of MO terms. What do
you think?

Best wishes,
Pawel

PS
The new MageTab plugin is already working in our BASE installation, and
we are currently testing it with on a few experiments. I am planning to
add support for pooling, and then it should be ready to release.