Hello!

As I've done bash-completion NMU(s) the RC bugs for this Debian package
now shows up on my tracking page, thus commenting on this issue...

I think your bug report makes kind of sense and in some ways I agree,
but at the same time I totally disagree with the severity you've
set. You're basically saying the current design of the dh_bash-completion
helper is wrong and suggesting another design. This is in my view
a "wishlist" severity request according to debian policy. You're mentioning
a case where you incorrectly used the helper with disastrous result. That
is a RC issue in *your* package for sure, but in the view of the helper
it's just you using the helper incorrectly (and thus ending up with
undefined results).

Changing the design of the helper now could be problematic for existing
users so likely you'd instead want to introduce a new helper and then
use that and convert existing users over to the new one while finally
deprecating/removing the old helper.

Unless you're volunteering to actually fix this issue (which doesn't
seem to be the case since nothing has happened in over a year) I'll
go downgrade the severity to wishlist. Ok?

Regards,
Andreas Henriksson