On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 3:05 PM, Mark A. Yoder <mark.a.yo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Let me summarize....  Here is what I tell my students:
>
> host$ sudo apt-get install gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi
> host$ git clone
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git
> ~/linux-src
> host$ git clone  https://github.com/RobertCNelson/bb-kernel.git
> host$ cd bb-kernel
> host$ git tab  (This shows what versions are available)
> host$ git checkout 3.8.13-bone60 -b v3.8.13-bone60
> host$ ./build_kernel.sh
>
> If we don't edit system.sh is it able to figure out what cross compilers to
> use and how to set ZRELADDR?

By default, the am335x-v3.8 branch will use linaro's:
gnueabihf-4.7-2013.04 cross compiler:

https://github.com/RobertCNelson/bb-kernel/blob/am33x-v3.8/version.sh#L23

https://github.com/RobertCNelson/bb-kernel/blob/am33x-v3.8/scripts/gcc.sh#L94

https://releases.linaro.org/13.04/components/toolchain/binaries/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.7-2013.04-20130415_linux.tar.xz

ZRELADDR is ignored, we are in a bootz/zImage world now. ;)

> host$ ./dpkg_check.sh
> trusty
> ii  libncurses5-dev:amd64
> 5.9+20140118-1ubuntu1                               amd64        developer's
> libraries for ncurses

Ah, yeah it correctly detects. Trusty, i was reading your wiki and saw
the mention of precise, so i thought there might still be a bug in the
host checker script.

Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/