From: beagleboard@googlegroups.com [mailto:beagleboard@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of William Pretty Security
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2014 8:56 PM
To: beagleboard@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [beagleboard] why BBB died? datasheets/multimeter seem to indicate
it shouldn't have

Hi;

It’s hard to tell without looking at the ULN data sheet, but the ULN may have
drawn too much current from the port.

You may have to use a buffer and/or a level shifter to drive the ULN.

Bill

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could
do only a little."

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmond Burke (1729 - 1797)

http://www.packtpub.com/building-a-home-security-system-with-beaglebone/book