Hi All,

I am trying to enable both SPI devices in the 3.14 kernel for a beaglebone
black.  I understand that the capemgr support is no longer there.  I need
some tips on how to enable these devices in the kernel.  I don't care if it
is done statically at kernel build time.  My application has no need to
runtime enabling/disabling as is possible with capemgr and device tree
overlays.

I see device tree source for spi0 but not spi1 in the 3.14 kernel source.

./arch/arm/boot/dts/am335x-bone-spi0-spidev.dtsi

Looks like SPI support is half-baked.  I am pulling my source from here:

https://github.com/beagleboard/linux.git

Am I going down the wrong path with 3.14?  Building from the 3.8 branch in
this repo has compilation errors.

Thanks,

Dallas