Hello All;

I am having what appears to be a recurring problem based on past posts,
where my BBB Rev C(?) boots from uSD card to this point and then hangs:

[    4.517959] Freeing init memory: 288K

[    5.664909] init: ureadahead main process (85) terminated with status 5

[   12.226013] libphy: PHY 4a101000.mdio:01 not found

[   12.231143] net eth0: phy 4a101000.mdio:01 not found on slave 1

However I don't think that "net eth0: phy 4a101000.mdio:01 not found on
slave 1" is the real problem, because I get the same message

With a successful boot L (Debian eMMC and Ubuntu)

I believe that I am running Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.8.13-bone20
armv7l), but I can't be sure because of course I can't run "uname -a"

I can however, press a key and interrupt the boot process, and get the uboot
prompt.

Is there any way I can get a log of what happens when it hangs at the [
12.231143] point ?

Obviously dmesg won't work L

Thanks;

Bill

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he
could do only a little."

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmond Burke (1729 - 1797)

<http://www.packtpub.com/building-a-home-security-system-with-beaglebone/boo
k>
http://www.packtpub.com/building-a-home-security-system-with-beaglebone/book