From: beagleboard@googlegroups.com [mailto:beagleboard@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of toni incog
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2015 6:51 PM
To: beagleboard@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [beagleboard] BeagleBone Black powers down when AC adapter is
removed while the USB is connected.

Yes indeed, and that is a perfect way to shut down our baby. It's another way
of pressing the power button. Thing is you need another 10 sec. of shutdown
power (to cleanly shutdown).

So I'm looking for the use case where somebody stupid (talking 'bout me) yanks
the 5V and I still get a clean shutdown. We need external 'ups' power for that
last 10 sec. of shutdown. Now I keep 5V always on. Till power company screws
up. 64 million dollar question: how many times can power company screw up
before bbb screws up?

Question remains why I get a unclean shutdow with me (the stupid one) feeding
5v to otg usb with powerbar and getting clean shutdown when connected to
regular pc.

Call me stupid but the correct answer awaits tickets for the next frank zappa
concert!

thx,
Michiel

  _____