On Friday, 6 March 2015 02:47:38 UTC+1, RobertCNelson wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 7:40 PM, Tom Olenik <tol...@hotmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
> > I downloaded the image from here a couple days ago:
> > http://beagleboard.org/latest-images
> > md5: c848627722b7a5f7bc89791cc8949e3b
> > File name:
> > bone-debian-7.8-lxde-4gb-armhf-2015-03-01-4gb
>
> That is a standalone (microSD) image... Flasher's have the words
> "eMMC-flasher" in the file name.
>
> But you only have to remove one "#" in a single file to convert it an
> "eMMC-flasher" so no worries about reflashing the microSD card...
>
> In /boot/uEnv.txt:
>
> ##enable BBB: eMMC Flasher:
> #cmdline=init=/opt/scripts/tools/eMMC/init-eMMC-flasher-v3.sh
>
> Change to:
>
> ##enable BBB: eMMC Flasher:
> cmdline=init=/opt/scripts/tools/eMMC/init-eMMC-flasher-v3.sh
>
> and reboot..
>
> Now that "microSD" will try to reflash the eMMC on every reboot..

This information really needs to be on the BeagleBone website at
http://beagleboard.org/getting-started. At least the distinction between
flashing and non-flashing images needs to be make *much* clearer in that
write up.  The text links to a non-flashing image and then goes on to talk
about flashing.  Quite confusing.