From: beagleboard@googlegroups.com [mailto:beagleboard@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of William Hermans
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2015 12:26 AM
To: beagleboard@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [beagleboard] Displaying GPS Data ?

William,

Sorry, the only notes I could find are rather incomplete, and I could not find
the puTTY log sessions I used to have on my old laptop. I could piece together
a couple of txt note files I kept that are sort of exact steps I used to create
the whole setup. More or less.

Something to consider though. I do not use the any of the "official" images for
my own "production" images. I have kind of a what some may consider a
"convoluted" setup. I use two images, both of which are NFS rootfs;s. One for
development, and one for "production". The development image I use to install
all necessary development tools such as gcc, build-esential, checkinstall, etc.
On which I built my own version of nodejs( 0.10.29 if memory serves ). When
then I created a Nodejs *deb package to install on the "production" image.

My production image is pretty much just RCN's bare-fs rootfs, with a minimal
set of what I consider necessary tools installed. openssh-server, psutils,
ntpdate, etc. The whole thing including Nodejs sits( again, if memory serves )
at around 95M total size in flash though . . . which is why my setup is so
convoluted . . .

Anyway, if you're interested, let me know, and I will try to get you something
as complete / accurate as possible.