Use it for what ever you like. Just keep in mind it would void the warranty on
the board.

Gerald

From: beagleboard@googlegroups.com [mailto:beagleboard@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of David McRell
Sent: Friday, June 9, 2017 1:47 PM
To: BeagleBoard <beagleboard@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [beagleboard] purpose of BBB/BBGW AIN7 connection?

Hello,

What is the purpose of the resistor divider connected to AIN7?  What software
is dependent on this, if any?

Is this only a convenient connection to quickly test ADC functionality?  I find
no mention of AIN7 here, e2e.ti.com or on the web that convincingly indicates
otherwise.

I realize AIN requires 1V8 maximum, hence the divider given the 3V3 input.

I'd like to use AIN7 as general purpose ADC of thermistor.

Kind Regards,
David McRell

beagleboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:beagleboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/2674a523-db8b-421b-ae71-d8227771c382%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/2674a523-db8b-421b-ae71-d8227771c382%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/98327c68d1db4d149bee9ccc3e6a3f51%40winhexbeus11.winus.mail.