> removed wpasupplicant and connman and old kernel
>
> sudo apt-get purge linux-image-4.14.108-ti-r134 wpasupplicant connman
>
> debian@beaglebone:~$ systemd-analyze
>
> Startup finished in 13.502s (kernel) + 36.686s (userspace) = 50.188s
>
> I then removed the initrd file in /boot directory (From what I understand
> this kernel does not necessarily need initrd).
> debian@beaglebone:/boot$ sudo mv initrd.img-4.19.94-ti-rt-r63
> moved-initrd.img-4.19.94-ti-rt-r63
>
> Removing the initrd gives the max speedup for kernel. From 10s-13s with
> initrd, it reduces to 1s-2s
> debian@beaglebone:~$ systemd-analyze
> Startup finished in 1.663s (kernel) + 36.385s (userspace) = 38.048s
> debian@beaglebone:~$ systemd-analyze blame
>      1min 4.266s dev-mmcblk1p1.device
>          26.360s generic-board-startup.service
>           3.847s systemd-udev-trigger.service
>           2.824s loadcpufreq.service

You can nuke this ^, it's really only for am57xx, so we can
downclock..  But on am335x, let it run at full speed as these are set:

CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_PERFORMANCE=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_PERFORMANCE=y

>           2.215s networking.service
>           1.647s ssh.service
>           1.396s user@1000.service
>           1.209s rsyslog.service
>           1.189s systemd-journald.service
>            999ms dnsmasq.service
>            897ms cpufrequtils.service

Same as above..

>            855ms systemd-timesyncd.service
>            674ms systemd-fsck-root.service
>            642ms systemd-logind.service
>            505ms systemd-udevd.service
>            445ms systemd-user-sessions.service
>            408ms systemd-tmpfiles-setup-dev.service
>            389ms systemd-update-utmp.service
>            375ms hostapd.service

You nuked wpasupplicant, get rid of hostapd..

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/