Brian,

> We use the COPR to install BIND on our servers, and I wanted to mention that
> it looks like in both the isc/bind and isc/bind-esv repos, the build of the
> package “isc-bind-bind” failed for version  9.18.28-1.1 in (as far as I can
> tell) only the EPEL 7 repo in Build 7776636.  Could someone look at that?
> We’re on RHEL 8 and 9 for our BIND servers and it looks like the EPEL 8 and 9
> versions build successfully, but I want to make sure that I’m not missing
> something.  Thanks!

You are correct: only EL7 builds failed; EL8 and EL9 builds are fine.

The reason for this is that Copr's epel-7-x86_64 chroot uses CentOS 7
repositories and these are no longer available as that system has
reached End-of-Life last month:

https://www.redhat.com/en/technologies/linux-platforms/enterprise-linux/rhel-7-end-of-maintenance

We will shortly disable epel-7-x86_64 builds in our Copr repositories to
prevent confusion in the future.

--
Best regards,
Michał Kępień