Adam,

> What is the proper mapping of "Current Stable, ESV", "Development", and "New
> Stable" BIND versions to their respective COPR repos? I feel like it should
> be obvious, but I am missing something.

I did consider whether we should summarize this in the announcement. Perhaps I
should have. It is confusing but as Ondřej pointed out, it was discussed here,
and was intentional for user benefit. We think that most users are unlikely to
want to swap their production environment from one stable version to a new .0
stable version the day it is released, so this design was supposed to minimize
surprise major version upgrades.

BIND 9.20.0 is in the bind-dev repositories, because it is the least delta vs
the last development release on 9.19. There is no new 9.19 version released
today, so that == 9.20.0. So, IF you are using 9.19.x in a production
environment, you should update to 9.20 to fix any CVEs that may apply in your
situation.

now (July 2024)
bind = 9.18
bind-esv = 9.18
bind-dev = 9.20.0

later (once we have a new 9.21 version, August?? 2024)
bind = 9.20.x
bind-esv = 9.18.x
bind-dev = 9.21.x

I hope this is a bit clearer. Sorry for not including this in the announcement.

Vicky