I should have refreshed my email before hitting reply.

Thanks Victoria! That is a great summary and I totally agree with the
direction stated.

I don't know that it needs to be included in the announcement itself,
but maybe a link in the announcement to an article describing how it
works on an ongoing basis (not just for the 9.18->9.20 transition)
would be good. That would most likely have shown up at the top of the
results when I searched.

But really, it is on me for not knowing and failing to be thorough
when the list already answered the question a month ago.