Hi Pedro,

Tilo has responded and is currently updating the DNABarcode package.

Best,
Wenjie

From: Pedro Sánchez Sánchez <bio.pedro.technol...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2024 1:58 PM
To: Kern, Lori
Cc: Sun Wenjie; bioc-devel@r-project.org
Subject: Re: [Bioc-devel] about deprecate package DNABarcode

WARNING: This email originated from outside of Institut Curie. Please validate
the sender's email address before clicking on links or attachments as they may
not be safe.

Hi all,

I also tried to contact the author on the available email contacts (waiting for
response from tilo.buschmann...@gmail.com<mailto:tilo.buschmann...@gmail.com>;
depreciated email
tilo.buschm...@izi.fraunhofer.de<mailto:tilo.buschm...@izi.fraunhofer.de>) I
found on the internet. If I get a response, I'll let you know.

It will be a pity if DNABarcodes is depreciated for lacking of maintenance.

Just in case, it is helpful for someone, I just want to mention there is an
apparently similar repository on GitHub with the same goal as DNABarcodes, by
other developers and written in Python/Jupyter Notebooks:
https://github.com/feldman4/dna-barcodes.

Best,

Pedro

El mar, 12 mar 2024 a las 13:18, Kern, Lori via Bioc-devel