Yoav,

Protected Audiences has been fortunate to have a ton of design
contributions and feedback, but consequently has a lot of issues filed.  We
try to respond to all issues, as you can see by the discussion comments on
nearly all issues.  I went through and triaged all the issues recently.  I
closed many of them, created some labels and labeled many of them.  Here’s
where I think the open issues stand:

   -

   65
   <https://github.com/WICG/turtledove/labels/Non-breaking%20Feature%20Request>
   I labeled “Non-breaking Feature Request”, meaning they’re requesting new
   functionality that is unlikely to cause backwards compatibility issues.
   -

   29 <https://github.com/WICG/turtledove/labels/spec> are spec related.
   As Dominic said above, most of these changes are unlikely to break web
   content.
   -

   8 <https://github.com/WICG/turtledove/labels/Looking%20for%20feedback>
   are seeking feedback rather than pointing to a problem.
   -

   4 <https://github.com/WICG/turtledove/labels/compat%20concern> could
   potentially break compatibility.  I think for all of these we’ve decided to
   not adopt the proposed changes or we’ve decided to adopt the proposed
   changes but as part of our longer-term plans in the future.  I should note
   that recently we adopted many breaking changes to our API, but did so in a
   way that supports backwards compatibility, so we can wean developers off of
   the old APIs without causing immediate significant breakage.  If we chose
   to adopt some of these changes, I imagine we could do so in a similar
   non-breaking way.
   -

   86

<https://github.com/WICG/turtledove/issues?q=is%3Aopen+-label%3A%22Non-breaking+Feature+Request%22++-label%3Aspec+-label%3A%22Looking+for+feedback%22+-label%3A%22compat+concern%22>
   didn’t fit well into a particular category:
   -

      Some were questions seeking to clarify details of our timeline or the
      explainer or design.
      -

      Some were discussions that are mostly addressed but left open so we
      don’t forget about remaining pieces.
      -

      Some are open discussions or examples.

I think it’s worth noting that our usage of the issue system differs from
those of many other folks who ship features:  We tend to use the issues as
open forums as opposed to only leaving open issues that need to have
decisions made.  Many of the issues predate the FLEDGE explainer and
represent design discussions that culminated in FLEDGE’s design.

I hope the labels I added make it clearer which are future enhancements and
not likely to break backwards compatibility.  I honestly think over the
years before our Origin Trial and over the course of our lengthy Origin
Trial we’ve addressed all the feedback for core functionality in Protected
Audience and don’t anticipate breaking backwards compatibility in
significant ways.