All the other gates are now approved. I see there's a larger TAG review
<https://github.com/w3ctag/design-reviews/issues/912> open which includes
this feature, but it sounds like this generic (not codec-specific) feature
is the direction TAG is encouraging. I don't think we need to block this
little feature on the larger discussion of AV1-specific options.

LGTM1