Hi all,

since this year is the Year of the Period Table, it may be nice to
make a new Blue Obelisk Data Release (BODR) release, our CC0 release
of data on the chemical elements and some simple substances based on
them (https://github.com/BlueObelisk/bodr).

I had some changes in mind. BODR already cites primarily literature as
source, but this is currently at "table" level. However, masses etc,
are typically at element level, which IUPAC type papers appearing
every now and then, with refined standards values.

Now, Wikidata allows citations are reference level, and in fact, allow
multiple values, annotated with deprecated, which could be nice too,
to show the evolution of the accuracy of properties over time (given
each is properly citing to the primary literature).

Then, BODR could harvest the data from there, and then back on the
same route as now.

So, my plans are for the remaining months of this year to migrate more
and more info to Wikidata, set up the aggregation and work towards a
BODR 11 release around x-mas.

To help this work, I have adopted Scholia for data visualization (tho
mostly tables at this moment):
https://tools.wmflabs.org/scholia/chemical-element/

The idea is to write this up as a paper at the end of this year too.

Who like to join this effort?

Egon

--
Hi, do you like citation networks? Already 51% of all citations are
available available for innovative new uses. Join me in asking the

-----
E.L. Willighagen
Department of Bioinformatics - BiGCaT
Maastricht University (http://www.bigcat.unimaas.nl/)