Hi Andreas,

Andreas Mantke píše v Čt 08. 09. 2022 v 21:01 +0200:

> > * Anything closer to be voted on? (Thorsten)
> >   * another round of editing document (Kendy)
> >   * closer to be voted on
> >   * it's in shared folder
> >   * another round of edits on his documents
> >   * Paolo made last edits on Friday, will look into it soon
> >   * glad to hear, re-added some comments to latest version (Paolo)
> >   * no massive rush right now, been in the making for a while
> > (Thorsten)
> >   AI: add to agenda of next board call
> > Folder with developers proposal (under Shared/Developers)
> > Latest version 2.6 - Comments in version 2.5-With-Comments
> > https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/f/960049
> >
> looks like I learned another sort of management strategies:
>
> management by continuous postponement

I am not sure what do you mean; we are working hard with Paolo on the
document to minimize areas that are mutually unacceptable, and I am
pleased to see that the amount of problematic points is decreasing with
every version.

If you compare the document in the current state with my or Paolo's
first version, you will see the huge amount of work we have both put
into this.

I am also extremely pleased that we are both able to work on one shared
ODT document together.

As to the current state, I cannot speak for Paolo (so Paolo, please
correct me if I'm wrong), but from my point of view it is now clear
that:

1. We both agree TDF should hire developers.  I've moved on
   from my "more development mentors instead of developers, please"
   position long ago; I think it was even documented on this ML.

2. We both agree that the Board has the ultimate deciding power.

3. We have accepted and/or removed many problematic parts (ranging from
   words to full paragraphs) all over the document.

4. We are still finding middle-ground for the role of ESC.  (For
   example, the idea that TDF in-house developers wouldn't be bound
   by ESC rules and decisions the same way as volunteer and/or
   corporate contributors is not acceptable for me, and so far I am
   unfortunately failing to come up with formulation that is acceptable
   for Paolo.)

5. We are still finding middle-ground for some details around knowledge
   sharing/mentoring in areas where the in-house developers become
   experts.  (But I think in this area, we are much closer to
   a conclusion, compared to 4.)

I've spent many hours answering the comments in the 2.5-With-Comments
today, and I'm finalizing the 2.7 that will be hopefully again one more
step closer to being acceptable by both of us; but unfortunately it is
too late to upload it now - hope to do it tomorrow early.

All the best,
Kendy