--- Gregory Colvin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The C++ standard requires that a copy of an allocator is equivalent
> to the original.

> Right.  If your allocators can't be copied safely then you have a
> problem.  Peter's approach is one way to fix the problem.  But I
> don't see that shared_ptr has a problem.

All I am trying to say is that shared_ptr doesn't specify
any requirements on its Deleter parameter.
shared_ptr's Deleter is not a C++ standard's allocator.

shared_ptr *does* have a problem because it doesn't set
any standards for the Deleter type like C++ does for
Allocator.

It is just one example of the inconsistent memory
management concept in boost that should be
sorted out eventually.

Eugene